Adding a little coffee to any chocolate related recipe is known to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. Now coffee is about to take a spring forward in the kitchen. With studies showing the benefits of coffee, many companies are ingeniously finding new ways to promote coffee products.
One of the more traditional way of using coffee in cooking was to add brewed coffee or fine ground coffee to a recipe. One recipe I used, called for a small amount (1 tsp to 1 tbsp) of instant Coffee to be added to the mix when making chocolate chip cookies. In case you’re not sure, Folgers is an example of instant coffee.
Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee
Coffee extract was another coffee product used in cooking, many were artificially flavored and did not taste too realistic. However, there a few Pure Coffee extract products for cooking that are very highly rated, Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract and Watkins All Natural Pure Coffee Extract.
Watkins Natural Extract Coffee Packaging
Many people use finely ground coffee for cooking, but for some recipes it can be too gritty. If finely ground espresso beans are what you need, who but King Authur Flour, produces a fine flour sized coffee bean powder called ‘Espresso Powder’ for your recipe.
King Arthur Flour Espresso Powder
NEW – Trader Joes Coffee Flour
The newest addition to the list is Coffee Flour. With it’s rich anti-oxidant properties, low fat, high fiber, and mineral content it’s future is almost guaranteed. Coffee Flour is made with the “cherry” that grows along the branch’s that contain the bean (or seeds). Once the coffee beans (or seeds) are removed the leftover red cherry berry is dried, lightly roasted and pulverized into a flour-sized powder. There are numerous potential uses this nutritional flour and recipes are growing. Coffee flour has a “floral, citrus and roasted fruit-type” flavor, not a coffee flavor. Coffee flour does contain caffeine, however the amount would vary by the coffee flour content of the product.
As of mid January 2016 we could not find coffee flour available on the internet for U.S. buyers. Not even on Amazon.com, but we will post a product when available. Added in August 2017 – Trader Joes Coffee Flour.
We did find a list of FREE Kindle Coffee Recipe Books – if you are an
Amazon Prime Customer
• 25 Energizing Coffee Recipes – A Coffee lover’s delight: A Coffee Cookbook with Recipes for Every Occasion
• Coffee: Coffee House Love! 91 Amazingly Sultry & Delicious Coffee, Beverage and Cookie Recipes For Perfect Afternoon Rendezvous
• Coffee: 60 Delicious Coffee Recipes – Start a Tasty Coffee Shop right in your House with the delicious Coffee Recipes in this Coffee Guide or Book (Have … on your Coffee table right in your House 1)
• Coffee: Delicious Coffee Recipes for Coffee, Cappuccino, Mocha (tea, coffee, recipe, starbucks, drink, weightloss, diet)
• COFFEE: A Healthy Guide On Learning How to Quickly Maximize – Weight Loss, Brain Power, & Boost Energy (Butter Coffee, Nutrition, Weight Loss, Energy, … Drink Recipes, Brain Training Book 1)
• Coffee: Coffee and Butter Coffee Box Set
• Coffee Recipes – The Ultimate Coffee Experience: 50 Delicious Coffee Recipes and More!
• For the lovers of coffee: Quick and easy delicious coffee beverages, cocktails and desserts recipes
To go with your morning Coffee Recipes:
Roasting Coffee Kindle Books (free usage with Prime):
• COFFEE ROASTING FOR THE HOME ROASTER: A COFFEE-GEEK BOOK: An Information Packed Guide to Start Roasting Immediately! Roasting Methods, Coffee Brewing Methods, Coffee Region Profiles, and Much More
• Coffee Roasting at Home – Love at First Taste – Quick & Easy Starter Guide (Home Coffee Adventures Book 1)
• Coffee: The Complete Guide to Homebrewing
• Coffee: Roasted Love
• Coffee Nerd: How to Have Your Coffee and Drink It Too
• Coffee: Guide to Easily Make your Own Perfect Cup of Java at Home and The History of Coffee, the World’s Most Loved Drink (Worlds Most Loved Drinks Book 1)
• Coffee Roasting: The Ultimate Guide to The Art of Coffee Roasting and Coffee Brewing